Saturday, October 30, 2004

Happy birthday to me

Today was my birthday. (This means I am much older and wiser than you, Mynamyn.) Let me tell you why it was a nice day:

First, there were no disasters. This is unusual for my birthday. On past birthdays I have gotten grounded, been publicly humiliated, almost gotten arrested, been mugged, been hit on by gay men, missed exams, and other unpleasant experiences. Most of these events make great stories later on (especially the one about almost getting arrested and the run in with the flamers), but they were no fun at the time. (If anyone really wants to hear more about those stories, I can tell them at a later date.) So this time I had a pleasant day without problems. That alone made it a wonderful day.

Second, the weather was gorgeous. The Redhead and I took a stroll around town, enjoying the sights. I took some pictures, and as soon as I figure how to get them posted on this page I’ll do it. I’ll have to find some Web space somewhere. It was a beautiful day, the leaves were turning colors and we sat on a bench by the Tidal Basin and enjoyed the day. What more could you ask for on your birthday? (Besides a BMW or something like that.)

Another reason it was a good day is because I got STUFF. I actually don’t demand expensive things all the time (although if I had more money than brains I could get myself a pretty impressive wardrobe in an afternoon spent in Georgetown). But I got some fun presents: some nice books, a jacket, some DVD’s, etc. The nice kinds of things that make me happy. Oh, and a berry smoothie at Costco. For my birthday. (Thanks to Myn for introducing me to that particular delight.)

Finally, at risk of sounding rather cheesy, it was a good birthday because I got to spend it with The Redhead. Nice days should be experienced with your favorite people, and The Redhead is indeed my favorite person. I would have really liked to have had some other people around, but I’ll take a rain check on everyone else. As long I can see them when we go back to Provo. Preferably when we’re moving into our apartment. Anyone want to help us move? C’mon, it’s my birthday.

6 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Benvolio said...

The Redhead complained that even though she wrote her entry on my birthday before I wrote mine, mine is posted earlier and it looks like she was a copycat. Let it be known that she was first and I was second. She is cool and I am not. She is nice and I am mean. She is good and I am bad. She is attractive and I am ugly. She is smart and I am dumb. She is original and creative and I am a copycat and unimaginative. Did I miss anything?

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Benvolio.I was just searching blogs,and I found your site! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
2004 business mba ranking week
It covers 2004 business mba ranking week related stuff.
All the best!

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Benvolio!I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
2005 august retail sales
It pretty much covers 2005 august retail sales related stuff.
Best regards!

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site Benvolio, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Marlboro Gear Catalog yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Marlboro Gear Catalog I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Benvolio,

I perused your post (Happy birthday to me) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell construction highway zone. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
construction highway zone. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like construction highway zone on interest free credit and you can pay for your construction highway zone whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: construction highway zone.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Benvolio,

I perused your post (Happy birthday to me) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell alabama highway construction. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
alabama highway construction. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like alabama highway construction on interest free credit and you can pay for your alabama highway construction whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: alabama highway construction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home