Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Free money

I love free money. Yesterday I reached into the back pocket of my jeans and found ten bucks that I had forgotten about. I rarely forget about money (I’m kind of a penny-pincher) so it’s a special treat when I randomly discover cash. It’s not the first time this month that I’ve had “free money” land in my lap. We did our taxes pretty early, so we already got our tax refund. I think this is the best kind of money, because it’s a pretty good chunk of change (about a thousand, between our federal and state income tax returns) and it’s absolutely no-strings-attached. I happen to pay tithing on my gross income rather than my net, so whatever I get back from taxes is completely tax and tithing free. It couldn’t have come at a better time, either, because The Redhead and I just paid for our rental truck for moving across the country and made a deposit to save my seat in law school, and that racks up pretty quickly. I’ve been checking our account balance online frequently lately, and it’s so fun to log on and find your balance is $700 higher than yesterday. Usually it’s the opposite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home