Monday, April 11, 2005

Electronic mail

For the last few weeks I’ve been having trouble getting emails. A couple people told me they sent me an email and I never got it, but I chalked it up to the inevitable unreliability of email in general. But recently at work I’ve sent out some urgent emails to people several times, and they never responded. This morning I was grumbling about how unreliable people are, and I checked all my email accounts to see if they had responded. After checking my Outlook Web Access, I checked my two Yahoo accounts, my three Hotmail accounts, and my three Gmail accounts. I finally thought, “Maybe it didn’t get forwarded from my BYU account,” so I went there.

YOU HAVE 113 UNREAD MESSAGES.

What?! Why didn’t they forward to my normal account like I told it to? I spend the next 3 hours digging through all the messages I was supposed to have received weeks ago, cursing the stupid Basic Email system for ruining my life.

The moral of the story: BYU cannot develop a good email system to save our lives.

P.S. To everyone whom I did not respond--I don't hate you. I promise.

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Trueblat said...

There's a reason I only have one e-mail address. Actually, I have a school one as well, but I haven't used it in my years here at UK.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger erin said...

I don't like the non-forwarding feature anymore. Granted they let you have another email alias when you set up the basic mail system, but it's still lame. And even with the alias stuff, it still doesn't work sometimes. Oh well. Just make sure you respond to my message. :)

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Benvolio said...

Alright, alright, I responded. Happy now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home